[Product-Developers] How to search and sort content based on owner last login time?

zjs2k zjs2k at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 01:08:36 UTC 2012

I would like to hear any suggestion and comment on how to do this. First, I
will create a property/field somewhere to update the user login time
(probably a property on user metadata). They I want to present contents
sorted on user's last login time. So the contents made by the most recently
login user will be listed first. (then, I would sort contents from the same
user by modification date. I think AdvancedQuery can do multiple index
sort.)

Is this possible with zcatalog? Or do I have to go with relational database?
For mysql, I can see "join" table search working for this purpose. But how
do I do it with Plone/zodb? I don't want to update all contents by a user
every time he logs in. It could mean updating thousands of objects for just
one user, who could login multiple times a day. Any thoughts?