[Product-Developers] Status of CAS support within Plone (Products.CAS4PAS, collective.castle, etc)

Timo Stollenwerk lists at zmag.de
Wed May 9 06:49:10 UTC 2012

On 09.05.2012 03:20, David Beitey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of making some improvements to CAS support for Plone
> and have recently moved collective.castle across to GitHub
> (https://github.com/collective/collective.castle) making a good number
> of commits, fixes, and updates (GenericSetup support, use
> plone.app.registry, etc).  Is it possible to obtain the ability to
> release to PyPI and Plone for this?  Otherwise, who should I be
> contacting to make new releases?
>
> As collective.castle is built off Products.CAS4PAS, I've come to wanting
> to make some improvements and fixes to it as well. The issue I'm faced
> with is not knowing the status of development and being unsure where to
> physically contribute code.  I note that there are the following:
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.CAS4PAS/
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.cas4plone/1.0a3
> https://github.com/bsuttor/Products.CAS4PAS  (wasn't migrated using
> git-svn, rather just manually copied)
>
> currently in existence.  I'd like to propose to migrating this over to
> GitHub's Collective and factoring in the applicable fixes introduced in
> both the fork (collective.cas4plone), and the other on GitHub (which is
> at version 2.1.6), if applicable.
>
> Can someone involved with the above provide comments?

I created collective.cas4plone some time ago for a client, just because
the maintainer of Products.CAS4PAS was not reachable at all for quite
some time. Seems like we were not the only ones with that problem.

I'd love to see all the cas4pas plugins to be merged into one single
package. The current situation is quite confusing for people looking for
a CAS plugin.

@Victor: Are you guys still using and developing collective.cas4plone?

Cheers,
timo