[Product-Developers] Hiding Add-ons from Site Setup

Danilo Dellaquila ddellaquila at gmail.com
Sun May 6 09:46:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've managed to hide a product by following Roel tips and Hector
Velarde's answer in StackOverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10460003/plone-hiding-add-ons-from-site-setup).

@ Damien: I had a look to the
http://plone.org/products/cmf-qi-products-restrictions product, it was
made for Plone 2.5 and it doesn't work on Plone 4.1

@ Luca: I like your second approach and it is what
cmf-qi-products-restrictions is doing, which is basically a monkey patch
of QuickInstallerTool that check a list of "sites->products" but it
doesn't check any users' permission, it works only on UI.

Thank you all for your answers,
  Danilo