[Product-Developers] Hiding Add-ons from Site Setup

Roel Bruggink roel at fourdigits.nl
Sat May 5 20:18:14 UTC 2012

Hi Danilo,

Take a look at Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.interfaces.INonInstallable
and Products.CMFPlone.interfaces.INonInstallable . For example
implementations, take a look in
Products.CMFPlone/Products/CMFPlone/factory.py and
Products.CMFPlone/Products/CMFPlone/setuphandlers.py .

- Roel

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Danilo Dellaquila <ddellaquila at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any product that can help me to hide an
> Add-on from the list of available Add-ons in "Site setup". Let me explain
> why.
>
> I am in the situation of hosting multiple customers Plone sites running on
> the same Zope instance, each site is using a different Data.fs, and I have
> made a few packages for each customer customization, something like
> "Customer A Theme", Customer B Theme". Now, because they are on the same
> Zope instance, Customer A can see in its site Add-ons list that "Customer B
> Theme" is also available, which is what I'm trying to avoid.
>
> Hiding products from the Add-ons list would be also useful in some other
> cases, for example a more skilled customer can have PloneFormGen installed,
> while regular customers don't.
>
> I don't know if such a product exist and I'm willing to make one, if some
> of you can point me to the right direction.
>
> Thank you,
>  Danilo Dellaquila

Roel Bruggink
http://www.fourdigits.nl/mensen/roel-bruggink

Four Digits BV
http://www.fourdigits.nl
Willemsplein 44, 6811 KD, Arnhem
tel: +31(0)26 4422700 fax: +31(0)26 7600012
KVK 091621370000 BTW 8161.22.234.B01