[Product-Developers] [ANN] collective.upload released

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:04:46 UTC 2012

collective.upload is a file upload widget with multiple file selection,
drag & drop support, progress bars, client-side image resizing, preview
images and more...

this is a project we started before collective.quickupload had support
for Dexterity-based content types and we decided to maintain it because
we are using a pretty interesting jQuery plugin called File Upload
(http://blueimp.github.com/jQuery-File-Upload/) that has many features
we need.

the package is oriented to handle image uploading in environments like
news media rooms.

answers to many questions (including the typical "why do we need another
package doing this?") are here:
https://github.com/collective/collective.upload

initial development was made by saibatizoku; further development and
JavaScript wizardry by quimera, who wants to maintain a low profile...
something that I will not allow him to do ;-)

best regards
--
Héctor Velarde