[Product-Developers] Announcing `collective.panels`

malthe mborch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:10:10 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:34:06 PM UTC+2, espen wrote:

> I am having a brief look at the product.
> I noticed that I still have "add panel" available after logging out.

This has been fixed; it was also reported on the issue tracker actually.

Could it be an idea to give the different panels a name, and then use that
> name in the css class ?
> so insted of getting:
> class="panel panel-1"> one gets  class="panel panel-name"> (especially if
> the panels change class if you add more (?))

Yes. It's definitely possible; actually, a "panel" is a portlet assignment
in its own right – it just happens to use the equivalent of a "NullAddForm"
– i.e. you click and its immediately added.

That said, the idea is that you can register your own panel layouts.

A panel layout is just a template, a title and a "batch" parameter which
tells the renderer how many portlets to render at a time for a given panel.
Currently, it's coded right into the package – in Python code – but it
needs to be extensible somehow; probably via a GenericSetup-profile, e.g.
"panels.xml".

\malthe