[Product-Developers] [LinguaPlone/plone.app.multilingual] Creation of "in-between" folders

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Tue Mar 27 14:00:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is a comon pittfall with LP (didn't yet experiment p.a.multilinqual) :
Do NEVER translate a content item before having translated the ancestor
folders of that content item, unless you'll get a mess. Even if the UI
enables this (IMHO, it should warn users about this).

Sincerely
--
Gilles Lenfant

Le 21 mars 2012 09:31, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> a écrit :

> Hi there,
>
> we are currently working in a large multi-lingual portal
> and we will use either LinguaPlone or plone.app.multilingual.
>
> The portal will be delivered with full content in DE to the customer.
> Translating the content to other languages is up to the customer.
>
> The current planning is to use dedicated language tree de/, en/ etc.
> for each language.
>
> While playing with both add-ons we came across the problem
> that if the editor decides to translate a content piece - assume
>
> de/firma/presse/pressmitteilung
>
> to a different language then both add-ons won't create
> a new content object under
>
> en/...../pressemitteilungen
>
> but the content will created inside the current content folder.
>
> This happens if the upper folders of the tree have not been
> translated yet to EN.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to to create the folder hierarchy inside
> the destination language tree automatically inside providing
> this weird behavior?
>
> To make it more clear:
>
> Translating
>
> de/firma/presse/pressmitteilung
>
> to EN (with an empty en/ directory) would result in a
> hierarchy
>
> en/firma/presse/pressmitteilung
>
> Of course: translating/changing the short names and title for 'firma'
> and 'presse' would be up to the editor.
>
> - -aj

Gilles LENFANT
Ingénieur avant-vente - Architecte senior
ALTER WAY SOLUTIONS
T : 01 78 15 24 00
F : 01 46 02 44 04

Téléchargez notre nouveau livre blanc "Python, le développement autrement"
http://www.alterway.fr/publications/python-le-developpement-autrement

1 rue Royal, Bat. D
227, les Bureaux de la Colinne
92210 Saint Cloud