[Product-Developers] cannot remove workflow state, it seems

Gil Forcada gforcada at gnome.org
Thu Mar 22 23:23:06 UTC 2012

El dj 22 de 03 de 2012 a les 16:39 +0000, en/na Maarten Nieber va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I removed some states from my workflow, and created this update step:
>
> def upgrade_21_to_22a(setup):
>     """
>     """
>     setup.runImportStepFromProfile('profile-abb.types:default', 'workflow')
>
> This is the typical upgrade step for workflows that I always use. However, when
> I run it, the old workflow states are still there. BTW I'm using this url to
> inspect the workflow states:
>
> /ra/portal_workflow/abb_intranet_workflow/states
>
> Am I missing something? Is some other step needed to remove states from a
> workflow?

Hi,

A first pointer should be the collective docs:
http://collective-docs.plone.org/en/latest/content/workflow.html

Also if you remove some states, you should ensure that no content is
left on the now-removed states (so updating them *before* the actual
removal).

Cheers,