[Product-Developers] [LinguaPlone/plone.app.multilingual] Creation of "in-between" folders

Maurizio Delmonte maurizio.delmonte at abstract.it
Wed Mar 21 14:07:15 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

just a quick note: did you notice that LinguaPlone (not sure about
plone.app.multilingual) handle correctly the translated contents when
translating the parent folder?

I mean:

you have a folder (call it "A", in "de" language) with no translated
translate some content in a second language (say "en"), you get translated
contents in the same folder "A".

then you translate the folder "A" into "en", obtaining "B".. what happens
is that the content you got in "en" language will be moved to "B"
automatically.

this is somehow "good", and does not need any further automatic
comprehension like what you are asking for, which to me depends on the use
case, and is perfectly feasible, but not "minimal".

something that I believe is missing from LinguaPlone (don't know about
plone.app.multilingual yet) is a viewlet where the user can quickly review
the situation of the content from a "translations point of view": it is not
only important to know which translations already exists (and this is quite
"hidden") for a specific content, but what is the translation situation of
its parent folder, which determines the effect you were pointing out.

let me know your thoughts :)

Maurizio

--

Maurizio Delmonte - [maurizio.delmonte at abstract.it]

Abstract Open Solutions [http://www.abstract.it] - Tel:  +39 081 06 08 213

*Plone Open Garden* [IT - http://goo.gl/a8y1w] [EN - http://goo.gl/ZbjTE]

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html

Ai sensi del d.lgs. 196 del 30 giugno 2003, recante disposizioni per la
tutela delle persone e di altri soggetti rispetto al trattamento dei dati
personali, si precisa che questa email è inviata unicamente ai destinatari
sopra esposti, con espressa diffida di leggerla, copiarla, diffonderla ed
usarla senza autorizzazione. Se avete ricevuto questa email per errore, vi
preghiamo di distruggerla immediatamente e contattarci tramite uno dei
recapiti sopra indicati.