[Product-Developers] ANN: plone-devstart (please help test)

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:43:08 UTC 2012

On 13 March 2012 18:14, Jens W. Klein <jens at bluedynamics.com> wrote:

> But isnt there a widely spreaded tool for doing so: GNU Autoconf and GNU
> Automake? It can check if preconditions for building PIL and Zope2
> C-Extensions are meet. This would then end up in a classic CMMI cycle. And
> at the end (after make install step) at given target theres a plone (dev?)
> environment.

That's a lot more complicated though, and not very cross-platform. It also
assumes you have autoconf and automake installed. And I suspect noone in
our community particularly wants to maintain autoconf/automake.

IMHO, autoconf/automake makes sense for the Unified Installer, but not for
something like plone-devstart.

Martin