[Product-Developers] ANN: plone-devstart (please help test)

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Mon Mar 12 19:29:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

congrats, this is really cool for new developers. I have just one
question: Why do we need virtualenv? Since buildout 1.5 isolated
environments are supported ...

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.5.2#working-with-a-system-python

... and at least for me this works very well (but tried only on Ubuntu
and Debian).

What is the difference compared to virtualenv?

If there are problems with zc.buildout wouldnt it be good to fix them?

So a big overall plus for the new approach! But just a tiny hint to not
start to workaround problems to be fixed better at other places :)

regards
Jens

--
Klein & Partner KG, member of BlueDynamics Alliance