[Product-Developers] collective.lineage - state. release? plans.

Clayton Parker clayton at sixfeetup.com
Fri Mar 2 01:28:33 UTC 2012

On 3/1/12 5:06 AM, Jens W. Klein wrote:
> some weeks ago I fixed collective.lineage tests (and for use with plone
> 4.1) and moved it also to github collective.

I saw that, thank you!

> Now a release would be fine. It seems my direct mail to the author
> (claytron) does to not arrive so I try it this way:

I don't recall seeing an email come through. I've been trying to lurk in
#plone more often these days, you should be able to catch me in there.

> Can you please release it or give me permissions on pypi so I will
> release it?

We are planning to do a release soon.

> We're using lineage in several projects here at BlueDynamics Alliance.
> It has several advantages over just applying INavigationRoot.
>
> Also I'd like to get rid of the p4a.subtyper dependency. The same result
> can be reached with some simple actions - which could be controlled more
> fine-grained by permissions. Any opinions?

I'm certainly not opposed to this. Subtyper had some promise at the
time, but got the p4a stigmata and then never saw any updates. I was
thinking about getting rid of it the other day :D

Clayton
--
Six Feet Up, Inc. | Where sophisticated web projects thrive
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x603
Email: clayton at sixfeetup.com
Try Plone 4 Today at: http://plone4demo.com