[Product-Developers] Geospatial search with Plone (neighborhood search)

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:48:31 UTC 2012

just stumbled upon:

https://github.com/Toblerity/zope.index.rtree

have not tried it though so ymmv.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Christian Ledermann
<christian.ledermann at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using http://plone.org/products/collective.geo.index/ in production
> on http://iwlearn.net/ for a few month now without any issues.
>
> another plone catalog integration is pleiades.vaytrouindex which too
> builds on spacialindex and Rtree
>>
>> I'm not aware of any spatial indexes that are completely internal to
>> Plone. The collective.geo.index mentioned by Giorgio maintains an
>> index file on disk (next to Data.fs fwiw).
>
> Right, I thought about storing the data in the zodb but is it worth
> the effort? The current implementation works just fine.
> Contributions are welcome ;)

I remember a mail about storing the index in the zodb with example code,
but i cannot find it any more :(

--
Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 702978914

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>