[Product-Developers] port mailtoplone to Plone 4

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Jun 29 22:01:24 UTC 2012

Op 27-06-12 17:36, Hans-Peter Locher schreef:
> Hi Plonistas,
> I've started a crowdfunding to port mailtoplone to Plone 4.
>
> Mailtoplone's main purpose is to create plone content from emails.
>
> Please help making this piece of open source software
> live again.
>
> To get more information/support my effort, please visit:
> http://rkthb.co/8399
>
> -----------------
> Best regards
>
> Hans-Peter Locher

Related: there is also the old smtp2zope script, that I packaged to PyPI
last year:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/smtp2zope
But that is simply a script that you hook up in your mailserver and that
sends the mail on to a url in zope/plone.  In my case the url is handled
by poi.receivemail, which turns the email into either a new Poi Issue or
a response to an existing one:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/poi.receivemail

I have not looked at mailtoplone, but it sounds like a more general
combination of those two packages.  I'm not sure if there is anything
you can borrow.  It may not be needed, as mailtoplone already works on
Plone 3.

Anyway, thanks for picking this up.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/