[Product-Developers] collective.composition needs a new name

Servilio Afre Puentes afrepues at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 3 18:14:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:06:38 +0200, Paul Roeland <paul at cleanclothes.org> wrote:
> On 2012-06-30 01:35, Héctor Velarde wrote:
>

> > I don't want to make a release without updating the documentation and
> > finding out a good name for it.
> >
> > can you help us?
> >

> collective.alhambra ? (Lots of beautiful tiles...)

I'd love a name that refers to the beauty of Alhambra, but using the
name directly can be confusing to some, as the actual meaning of the
word says nothing about the tiles ("the red one").

One possibility could be using the word "azulejo"[3], which are used
extensively in Alhambra. There is a long tradition of its use in both
the Spanish[1] and Portuguese[2] cultures, both for aesthetic and
pragmatic reasons, on interior and exterior (in the linked Wikipedia
pages there are quite a few pictures).

All that said, I can't come up with a good name right now, but may be
someone else on the list can.

Servilio

Footnotes:

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azulejo