[Product-Developers] [Plone 4] Caching actions of portal_tabs

ida277 contact at ida-ebkes.eu
Sun Jan 29 11:31:42 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

if I understood you right, that the requirement is, a portal_tab  – being a
convential link to a folder – needs to be shown to authorized but not to
anonyma, what do you think about this approach as an alternative:

Add a collective.portlet.sitemap above the columns (possible with
Products.ContentWellPortlets), set nav-root-folder and depth, apply a
dropdown-css.

Background: The sitemap delivers a complete 'ul > li > a'-markup (sublevels
nested as ul's in li's), which is required by most of the various
pure-css-dropdown-solutions, and provides the workflow-based
permission-check.

Coincidentally I published a prototype lately, adi.dropdownmenu. The css is
an alternation of an already existing css-colution, mentioned in the
style-comment. For p4-compat you'll currently have to go with the
collective.portlet.sitemap's trunk-version.

@Gilles: Any objections about releasing version 1.0.3 of
collective.portlet.sitemap?

Best, Ida