[Product-Developers] get catalog from Nothing

Maarten Nieber maarten at usecm.com
Wed Jan 25 15:44:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm back working on a plone site, and need to test something in the debugger.
However, I don't know how to get the catalog.
I have no document to start from (for some reason my debugging context only has
an exception object and some LDAP objects), so I cannot do the normal

catalog = getToolByName(self, 'portal_catalog')

Does anyone know how to get the catalog without having an object to get it from?

Thanks,
Maarten