[Product-Developers] invariant validator for add form has no context?

David Glick (GW) davidglick at groundwire.org
Thu Jan 19 23:18:48 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 2:45 PM, zjs2k wrote:

> Using action handler is the route I am taking right now. Just customize
> add/edit form for my dexterity type and it works well. Since field validator
> has context for add form, so I automatically assume the same for manager
> validator.
>
> Thank you for the tip on the request['PUBLISHED']. It also has a "context"
> attribute pointed to the container. Love to have more than one way to do
> things in Plone.

That's because the published item (which is the item that the request ended up with after traversing all the parts of the URL) is a browser view in this case, and views have a context and a request.
David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 davidglick at groundwire.org
 206.286.1235x32

Engagement technology for social and environmental change.

http://www.groundwire.org