[Product-Developers] Named vocabularies, dexterity, autocompletewidget...

Paul Roeland paul at cleanclothes.org
Mon Jan 16 16:24:00 UTC 2012

anybody have tips on what is the recommended way to handle named
vocabularies in dexterity that need to be searchable?

The dexterity manual explains how to put vocabularies in for instance
plone.app.registry

All fine and dandy, but these don't provide a 'search' method then,
which makes them unfit for
plone.formwidget.autocomplete.AutocompleteFieldWidget

of course, I could probably manually write a search method for each of
them, but that feels very redundant.

Or am I on the wrong track, and is there some other solution people
recommend?

Paul Roeland