[Product-Developers] Geospatial search with Plone (neighborhood search)

ajung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Feb 29 15:34:59 UTC 2012

We have a database with roughly 10k locations within Germany, Austria and
Swiss.

We need to build a neighborhood search as part of a Plone application and I
don't want to use an external GIS database. plone.org lists roughly 40
add-ons - hard to make a decision.

Each location has each own postal address and geo coordinates.

The user can enter the ZIP code and the radius to search around (we can map
the ZIP code to coordinates already)...the question is which add-on gives me
the functionality
of a neighborhood search? Ideally the result should be displayed in Google
Maps (or some something similar).

Any recommendation?
-aj