[Product-Developers] planet.plone.org cleanup - everyone with a blog on Planet Plone needs to read this

derek auspex at pointerstop.ca
Wed Feb 29 13:09:55 UTC 2012

On Feb 28, 1:03 pm, Alex Clark <acl... at aclark.net> wrote:

> The planet feed may lose its relevance which is not what we want.
>
> > It's one thing to suggest
> > that people whose feeds are generating errors should fix them, it's
> > something far different to advocate censoring the content.
>
> Most planet feeds (including ours, I believe) have fairly strict
> policies about the type of content they aggregate. I am on three planet
> feeds at the moment:
>
> - plone
> - python
> - mozilla
>
> If I were to overload Python or Mozilla with Plone posts, I would expect
> to be removed. So it's not as much about censorship (which is a bit of a
> loaded term)

I understand that (and the loaded term was purely intentional), but to
call for removing _all_ non-Plone content is above and beyond. I've
learned about far more than Plone from guys like you & Martin Aspeli.
The criteria should not be whether a post is _about_ Plone but whether
it's _relevant_ to Plone users.