[Product-Developers] Layout problem: Plone seeing a "ghost" portlet?

Maarten Nieber maarten at usecm.com
Fri Feb 17 16:01:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

Plone is apparently reserving space on the right side of the screen for a
portlet. However, I only have a portlet on the left side.

The rendered template contains this HTML code

which was put there by the function getColumnsClass of class SunBurstView:

    elif sl and sr:
        # In case we have both columns, content takes 50% of the whole
        # width and the rest 50% is spread between the columns
        return "cell width-1:2 position-1:4"

I proceeded by requesting the @@manage-portlets view on my page, and it only
shows one portlet.

Any idea why Plone thanks there are two portlets, whereas there is (AFAIK) only
one?

Thanks!
Maarten