[Product-Developers] Huge problems with Forms ---> CheckBoxWidget

vii v.errath at bcom.at
Thu Feb 16 15:17:22 UTC 2012

Hello all

I've been trying to create a (working!!) form for one of my products for the
last 3 days now. I hope anyone of you can help me. I created some products
for a few sites in the last few weeks. There were no problems with both:
Plone 3.3.6 and Plone 4.1.

I am able to create a form the "old style" in a page template. Then check
the values within a python-Script an redirect to a result page.

Now I want to create a form "the Plone way". So I created a new Product and
walked through some tutorials. For example:
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/using-z3c.form-forms-in-plone/tutorial-all-pages
http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/schema-driven-forms
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual/forms/using-zope.formlib
http://www.plone-entwicklerhandbuch.de/plone-entwicklerhandbuch/formulare/generierte-formulare.html
and asked good old google.
I was able to get the form I needed, added some validation BUT everytime I
try to use a CheckBoxWidget I get an error for this field saying "Object is
of wrong type". An due to this "error" my forms never can be completet!

What is wrong with this:
from plone.app.form.widgets.checkboxwidget import CheckBoxWidget
class IDemoForm(Interface):

class FeedbackForm(PageForm):

    form_fields = form.Fields(IDemoForm)
    form_fields['checkBoxfField'].custom_widget = CheckBoxWidget

Can somebody please send me a link to a working tutorial for this or send me
a link to a product that uses a checkbox in one of its forms? Please help
me: I'm completely down with my nerves :-(

regards
Viktor