[Product-Developers] Useful/possible to pack the blobstorage?

Maarten Nieber maarten at usecm.com
Mon Feb 13 17:52:43 UTC 2012

I noticed that the blob storage for my Plone intranet has gotten huge: 10 Gb
(it's huge because I'm only storing some images and texts in my intranet). It's
still manageable, but downloading a backup of the blobstorage to my local machine
is already a bit painful, and I'm afraid it might get much worse in the future
(the intra-net is still under development, with relatively few users).

I know that the filestorage contains previous versions, and can be packed so as
to reduce it's size. Does the same hold true for the blobstorage?

Thanks,
Maarten