[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:29:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Jean Jordaan <jean.jordaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at uwosh.edu> wrote:
>> I may be treading on dangerous ground here, but could the Foundation pay
>> something to give developers incentive or time to work on things like
>> maintaining plone.org and such?

Last year, the Foundation established the Kudo Bounty Program, where
it can develop "missions" (tasks) that people can volunteer to
complete in exchange for recognition and links on the homepage of
plone.org.  The board (which I am no longer on) has historically felt
that the risks in starting to pay for plone.org dev/maintenance work
may exceed the value (e.g., it's a pretty slippery slope of bad
feelings when some things are paid and some aren't and then there is
zero volunteer effort).

:jon