[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:02:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Ross Patterson <me at rpatterson.net> wrote:
> But seriously, I'm just addressing the, IMO, erroneous conflation of a
> community making smart decisions of where to put its energy with
> coercion.

This energy is certainly precious. There's different goals involved though.
The community wants to develop and document Plone, but it also needs to build
the Plone brand. To my mind, offloading documentation to readthedocs,
commenting to disqus, and so on, doesn't help the brand.

For content that fits in Plone, I think it would be worthwhile spending some
effort making it work in plone.org, showcasing all that Plone can do. How to
best support that effort is another story ...

I'm OK with Poi sunsetting.

--