[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Feb 10 05:32:51 UTC 2012

"T. Kim Nguyen" <nguyen at uwosh.edu> writes:

> I'd like to hear your ideas on sunsetting Poi.  Might as well get em out there!

Perhaps it could be sunset-ed in phases: turn off adding new trackers to
new add-ons, turn off creating new issues, and, at some very far future
date have it be clear that we no longer commit to preserve the content
still in Poi at that point.

> At the very least something that generates semi-structured text files
> out of the contents of a Poi would help.  And I am so overcommitted
> now already it's just not funny anymore...

Export would be a great thing to have.  I don't think I'll be doing it,
though.  IMO, the question of sunsetting Poi on plone.org shouldn't be
hinged to having such support, though.  IOW, I think it would be a huge
plus but not a pre-requisite.

But again, no one is proposing sunsetting Poi so these are just my
musings.

Ross