[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Feb 10 05:21:18 UTC 2012

"T. Kim Nguyen" <nguyen at uwosh.edu> writes:

> I'm sure there would be wide support for allowing existing Poi on
> plone.org to continue being used, and not allowing new Poi to be
> created on plone.org.
>
> If Poi eventually are to be shut off entirely on plone.org then it
> would be good to have a moderately decent export / import mechanism; I
> have no idea if there is such a thing today, however.

Export/import is a great idea and I think you should do it!  :-)

But seriously, I'm just addressing the, IMO, erroneous conflation of a
community making smart decisions of where to put its energy with
coercion.

I have more to say on the possibility of sunsetting Poi but since it's
not proposed, I'll wait.

Ross