[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:23:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at uwosh.edu> wrote:
> I'm sure there would be wide support for allowing existing Poi on plone.org to continue being used, and not allowing new Poi to be created on plone.org.
>
> If Poi eventually are to be shut off entirely on plone.org then it would be good to have a moderately decent export / import mechanism; I have no idea if there is such a thing today, however.

>> We can and should be smart about the software we commit ourselves to
>> maintain.  Our community time, energy and ingenuity is valuable and
>> should be focused on making a better CMS, not supporting and maintaining
>> a very old, and passable but not terribly good issue tracker.  Our
>> users' time, energy, and experience is also very valuable and should be
>> cared for when they report problems with or request features of the
>> add-ons they use.  It is not only appropriate, but important for all of
>> this to be taken into account when asking the kind of questions being
>> asked here.  It is also appropriate and important to be asking these
>> kinds of questions.
>>
>> Ros

Ross, Kim-

Thanks, obviously you see where this conversation could be headed.
;-) I'm trying hard not to jump to any conclusions, though, so... to
push you to answer a more specific question:

As an add-on product dev/contributor, are there any specific Poi
instances you are the owner or a significant user of that you,
personally, would be sorry to see go away?

:jon