[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Feb 10 00:33:19 UTC 2012

Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> writes:

> Sorry guys but once again: you can not force a project to move to
> Github (sources and trackers) without explicit agreement of the
> package owner or current package maintainer - at least not
> for active packages where let's say the issue tracker is actively
> used (last activity happened within the last X months).

We can and should be smart about the software we commit ourselves to
maintain.  Our community time, energy and ingenuity is valuable and
should be focused on making a better CMS, not supporting and maintaining
a very old, and passable but not terribly good issue tracker.  Our
users' time, energy, and experience is also very valuable and should be
cared for when they report problems with or request features of the
add-ons they use.  It is not only appropriate, but important for all of
this to be taken into account when asking the kind of questions being
asked here.  It is also appropriate and important to be asking these
kinds of questions.

Ros