[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

derek auspex at pointerstop.ca
Thu Feb 9 14:01:12 UTC 2012

On Feb 9, 2:15 am, Andreas Jung <li... at zopyx.com> wrote:

> Sorry guys but once again: you can not force a project to move to
> Github (sources and trackers) without explicit agreement of the
> package owner or current package maintainer - at least not
> for active packages where let's say the issue tracker is actively
> used (last activity happened within the last X months).

Did anybody suggest forcing a project to GitHub?  Jon asked how
attached we, as developers, are to POI.  So I answered from my own
viewpoint: not at all.  I moved my only project to github a year ago -
partly for git and partly because it had a better issue tracker.

If very few people feel a need to keep POI, _then_ it's time to
discuss whether we force projects to use an external issue tracker.