[Product-Developers] Stuck overriding a stock Ploine viewlet...

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Thu Feb 9 13:36:57 UTC 2012

Le 9 février 2012 12:01, Simone Orsi <simahawk at gmail.com> a écrit :

>  Hi Gilles,

Hi Simone,

> dumb question: did you check if your layer has been registered and has
> marked the request?

Not that dumb ;) But of course this is one of the first things I have been
investingating into.

And the various <browser:page > stuff registered for the same layer work
like a charm.

> If it doesn't I think you can work around this by giving a custom name to
> your viewlet and add a viewlets.xml where you hide the original one and
> display yours.

That's the fallback i'll take if I can't override the original viewlet.
This is somehow "dirty" but this should work.

Thanks a lot
--
Gilles

> Cheers,
> SimO
>

> On 09/02/12 09:18, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>
> Le 9 février 2012 06:54, ajung <lists at zopyx.com> a écrit :
>
>> If you need to override only the template then use z3.jbot.
>>

> Hi,
>
> No, I need to override only the viewlet class. z3c.jbot can't help me in
> that case.
>
> Best...
> --
> Gilles Lenfant
>
>  -aj
>>

>> Gilles Lenfant-2 wrote
>>  >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Sorry for the disturbance, but I'm actually stuck overriding a standard
>> > viewlet of Plone (4.1): The "plone.links.RSS" that goes in the HTML
>> head.
>> >
>> > Though I carefully read and practiced the tutorial
>> >
>> http://plone.org/documentation/kb/customizing-main-template-viewlets/overriding-a-class-viewletI
>> > always have the original Plone viewlet from plone.app.layout.links.
>> >
>> > Some pointers that show how I did this :
>> >
>> > My component's layer :
>> >
>> https://github.com/glenfant/aws.authrss/blob/master/src/aws/authrss/interfaces.py#L8
>> >
>> > Its installation through GenericSetup works correctly since it shows in
>> > ZMI
>> > in the "Components" tab of the Plone site.
>> >
>> > The ZCML registration of the viewlet including that layer selector:
>> >
>> https://github.com/glenfant/aws.authrss/blob/master/src/aws/authrss/browser/configure.zcml#L86
>> >
>> > The viewlet class itself:
>> >
>> https://github.com/glenfant/aws.authrss/blob/master/src/aws/authrss/browser/viewlets.py#L10
>> >
>> > I'm stuck finding why this does not work as expected (the original
>> viewlet
>> > is rendered in place of my custom viewlet). Any help is welcome. And so
>> > many thanks by advance for any pointer.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gilles Lenfant

>> --

Gilles LENFANT
Ingénieur avant-vente - Architecte senior
ALTER WAY SOLUTIONS
T : 01 78 15 24 00
F : 01 46 02 44 04

Téléchargez notre nouveau livre blanc "Python, le développement autrement"
http://www.alterway.fr/publications/python-le-developpement-autrement

1 rue Royal, Bat. D
227, les Bureaux de la Colinne
92210 Saint Cloud