[Product-Developers] How attached to POI issue trackers are we?

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:42:43 UTC 2012

Hi all-

A hypothetical question for all of you add-on product developers out there...

I am doing some high-level thinking (which I will be sharing soon)
about the future architecture for add-on product data in plone.org,
and one question that's occurred to me is whether we are at a point
where we can deprecate our POI issue trackers in favor of
externally-hosted issue trackers, such as those provided by Github.

Is anybody on this list still actively using their POI/PSC issue
tracker on plone.org?  If we were to set a "deprecation date" with,
say, a couple months' notice, would that pose a major hardship?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.  To repeat: no decisions have been
made, I'm just floating a trial balloon.

:jon
---
Jon Stahl
MPA Candidate, Evans School of Public Affairs
University of Washington
http://jstahl.org
206.226.0818