[Product-Developers] collective.alias 1.1

Dominik Ruf dominikruf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:42:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to report this.
I didn't find any information about an bug tracker on
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.alias/1.1

I just tried to install collective.alias 1.1 on a plone 4.1.3 site.
When trying to install it I first got the following
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 575, in
installProducts
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 512, in
installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('collective.alias',)
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 323, in
runAllImportStepsFromProfile
   - __traceback_info__: profile-collective.alias:default
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1080, in
_runImportStepsFromContext
  Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 994, in _doRunImportStep
   - __traceback_info__: typeinfo
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.typeinfo, line 224, in
importTypesTool
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 835, in importObjects
   - __traceback_info__: portal_types
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 831, in importObjects
   - __traceback_info__: types/collective.alias
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 507, in _importBody
  Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.typeinfo, line 63, in _importNode
  Module Products.GenericSetup.utils, line 727, in _initProperties
ValueError: undefined property 'content_icon'

I could fix this by removing
 <property
name="content_icon">++resource++collective.alias/alias.gif</property>
from collective/alias/profiles/default/types/collective.alias.xml

But now when I try to add an alias and I browse for an item, the list of
items is empty.
First I tried this on a site that already exists since plone 2.5.
Now I also tried to add an alias on a new site I just created.
Here I can select for example the front page as an aliased object but after
clicking save I get
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module plone.z3cform.layout, line 70, in __call__
  Module plone.z3cform.layout, line 54, in update
  Module plone.dexterity.browser.add, line 112, in update
  Module plone.z3cform.fieldsets.extensible, line 59, in update
  Module plone.z3cform.patch, line 30, in GroupForm_update
  Module z3c.form.group, line 138, in update
  Module z3c.form.action, line 99, in execute
  Module z3c.form.button, line 315, in __call__
  Module z3c.form.button, line 170, in __call__
  Module plone.dexterity.browser.add, line 99, in handleAdd
  Module z3c.form.form, line 245, in createAndAdd
  Module plone.dexterity.browser.add, line 68, in create
  Module z3c.form.form, line 52, in applyChanges
  Module plone.app.relationfield.widget, line 45, in set
  Module five.intid.intid, line 33, in getId
  Module zope.intid, line 89, in getId
KeyError: <ATDocument at /Plone/front-page>

BTW I used http://good-py.appspot.com/release/dexterity/1.1?plone=4.1.3

cheers
Dominik