[Product-Developers] Java applet reads __ac cookie: zope-root/acl_users vs plone-root/acl_users

Jochen Dekeyser jochen.dekeyser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:24:32 UTC 2012

I am not sure if I understand your question, but I did not change anything to
the cookie-setup, not in plone, not in zope and not in the browser...
(everything clean install)

The Java applet I use, is:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind/0.9.0/freemind-bin-max-0.9.0.zip
-> browser/freemindbrowser.jar

I looked in the code and it does not do special things with cookies. It just
uses the cookies on the current page of the browser to download new files (=
my ATBlob), and this is not programmed in the applet, it is probably the
default Java behaviour. I changed some code to debug and view what happens
e.g. make a list of all cookies I can read: with the plone-user, I can not
access the __ac cookie of the browser, with the zope-user, I do can read the
__ac cookie...

Jochen