[Product-Developers] Java applet reads __ac cookie: zope-root/acl_users vs plone-root/acl_users

Jochen Dekeyser jochen.dekeyser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:32:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am working with Plone 4.1.6. I made a product which includes a Java
applet. This applet is used to read a file (=ATBlob) from the plone site and
display it. When a user has logged in, and the ATBlob has status "Private",
the applet can read the file by using the __ac cookie. If it would not use
this cookie, the applet is redirected to
plone-root/acl_users/credentials_cookie_auth/require_login?came_from=...
because it can not authenticate...

When I use user admin (or an other user in zope-root/acl_users), this works.
When I use a regular plone-user (in plone-root/acl_users), this does not
work. The applet can not read the __ac cookie, for some unknown reason. When
I check my browser, I can lookup the __ac cookie of the plone-user, so it is
certainly there...

Is there some difference between zope-root/acl_users and
plone-root/acl_users which can explain this behaviour?

I searched for days... Any help welcome!
Thx
Jochen