[Product-Developers] collective.solr: Can it handle FieldIndex?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Aug 31 17:50:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Suresh V. <suresh_vv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to be able to use Solr for the Subject index also.
> This would help me reduce the Plone db size considerably.
>
> Is this possible? Any tips for the same?

I think you mean "KeywordIndex"; the Subject index in the catalog is a
keyword index, not a field index.

Just the set the "multiValued" attribute to "true" in the solr schema
and it'll store keywords like the Subject index just fine:

   <field name="Subject" type="string" indexed="true"
          stored="true" required="false" multiValued="true"/>

--
Martijn Pieters