[Product-Developers] Links in StatusMessages

Philip Bauer bauer at starzel.de
Thu Aug 23 16:35:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

there doesn't seem to be a way to include links in statusmessages. Since the template global_statusmessage.pt that renders the messages does tal:content="message/message" instead of tal:content="structure message/message" the links don't get rendered.

I changed this by customizing the template. Might there be a better way? Or might it be a good idea to change this template by default?

The are some cases in plone where links are used but they are rendered by hand in templates (e.g. plone.app.portlets/plone/app/portlets/browser/templates/manage-contextual.pt and Archetypes/skins/archetypes/edit_macros.pt). This is not possible in my use-case. I use it in https://github.com/starzel/starzel.firstitem

cheers,
Philip

--
Starzel.de