[Product-Developers] Shoutout to Nathan Van Gheem for collective.documentviewer

espen espen at medialog.no
Mon Apr 23 10:11:50 UTC 2012

Den 23. apr. 2012 kl. 10.21 skrev Nathan Van Gheem [via Plone]:

> On the pypi page there is a link of an example viewer so you can see
> how it works.
>
> This viewer will not do the 2 page layout by default. It's all
> js/html/css though so perhaps you can customize the layout if you're
> up for the task.
>
> You might want to look at http://issuu.com/
>
> I think espen started working on some integration with that. I think
> you have to store the data on their site though and it's a flash
> player.

True... I am making a product that shows
"pdf", "odt", "doc", "wpd", "sxw", "sxi", "rtf", "odp" and "ppt"
 with http://issuu.com 's viewer.
Like this: http://products.medialog.no/issuu/grieg-medialog-pdf/view

The product is still very much in the making, so I could need some feedback (especially things that might break sites)

1) Install it by adding eggs = medialog.issuu  (please, make a new site / data.fs to test this)
2) Install the product from the control panel
3) add a file (of types aboce) file to yours site
4) Choose "upload to issuu" from actions tab
5) Change settings from the "Issuu settings tab".
6) Alternatively change view template from the "view" menu

(it is also possilb to see a preview of  the pages, try going to http://yoursite/yourpdf/issuu_imageview ... all pages and more sizes later)

Espen