[Product-Developers] Shoutout to Nathan Van Gheem for collective.documentviewer

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:23:45 UTC 2012

I just wanted to give Nathan Van Gheem a public, on-the-record
shoutout for the stone cold awesomeness that is
collective.documentviewer.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.documentviewer/

If you have a Plone site with PDFs (or lots of Word or Powerpoint
files) in it, then you owe it to yourself to check this out.  It
integrates the *astounding* pure-javascript document viewer from
DocumentCloud (http://documentcloud.org)--used by the New York Times
and hundreds of other media outlets--into Plone, along with
async-enabled document conversion and OCR.

Seriously, this is kick-ass stuff.  I couldn't imagine doing an
intranet or document library project without it from now on.*

Thanks, Nathan!

:jon

*Full disclosure: I've not used it in production.  Yet.
---
Jon Stahl
http://jstahl.org