[Product-Developers] overriding widget of the subjects field with dexterity

Gonzalo Almeida flecox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:44:50 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I've created a new z3c widget and I want that widget to replace the
actual widget of the subject field.
right now the subject field is provided by a dexterity behavior.. this
is the code of that behavior:
class ICategorization(form.Schema):
    # categorization fieldset
    form.fieldset(
        'categorization',
        label=_(u'Categorization'),
        fields=['subjects', 'language'],
        )

    subjects = schema.Tuple(
        title = _(u'label_categories', default=u'Categories'),
        description = _(u'help_categories', default=u'Also known as
keywords, tags or labels, these help you categorize your content.'),
        value_type = schema.TextLine(),
        required = False,
        missing_value = (),
        )

    form.widget(subjects = TextLinesFieldWidget)

what I want to do, is to override the part:
form.widget(subjects = TextLinesFieldWidget) to
form.widget(subjects = MyFieldWidget)

I've tried to do it with a new behavior .. but it's repeating the fields..
I don't want to change the widget for all Tuple fields I just want to
change the widget for the subject field.

I thought may be overriding the ICategorization behavior.. but I
couldn't find a way to override a behavior

anyone know how can I achieve this in dexterity?

thanks in advance

--
Linux user #466939