[Product-Developers] Layout problem: Plone seeing a "ghost" portlet?

Maarten Nieber maarten at usecm.com
Wed Apr 11 17:57:17 UTC 2012

I fixed the problem by debugging the @@portlet_manager view.
It turned out there WERE two portlets installed (news and events),
but for some reason, they did not show up in the portlet_manager view.
In the debugger, I could see that a delete_url was generated for the news
portlet:

http://localhost:8080/ra/++contextportlets++plone.rightcolumn/@@delete-portlet?
name=news

By placing this url in the browser, both (!) portlets were removed.
So i don't know what the root of the problem was, but it's solved now.

(PS I moved this thread to the plone.users group, but for completeness, I will
post the solution in both threads)