[Product-Developers] contentmigration ignores archetypes.schemaextender

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Tue Apr 10 15:56:27 UTC 2012

Op 10-04-12 11:27, Maurits van Rees schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I think I have found a bug in Products.contentmigration. It has code to
> get all the fields from a content type and migrates those. But it gets
> these fields directly from the schema of the content type without using
> ISchema. So extra fields defined with archetypes.schemaextender are not
> migrated.
>
> Case in point: I have a site where the File content type has some
> extension fields. When migrating to blobstorage in Plone 4, these values
> are lost.
>
> I think I can solve this in Products.contentmigration with an extra
> method; I will start on that today. But I wonder if someone else already
> encountered this and maybe has some code or an extra package lying
> around that solves this.

Fixed:
https://github.com/plone/Products.contentmigration/commit/df9f73a1b75b5dd9f2bdee4f9c7ff3d5c4b29294

A second pair of eyeballs on that commit is welcome, but the change
looks fine to me.  I added a failing test in the commit before that one.

Now also marker interfaces are applied on the new object:
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/11424

This should all end up in Products.contentmigration 2.1.1 once a new
release is made.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl