[Product-Developers] [LanguageTool] language codes in URL...

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Tue Apr 10 10:32:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:27, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> For authenticated users (editors) we don't want that behavior. We have
> editors in 20 countries and each editor should use Plone in its own
> native language. We have cases where editors have rights in different
> language sections of the site. So the Plone UI should not switch from
> German to English if a German editors will edit English content - it
> must remain in German. Is there a reasonable approach to implement
> this behavior without hacking portal_languages?

Someone on StackOverflow recently asked the exact same question:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9893146/forcing-english-as-admin-interface-language-on-linguaplone-sites

As Laurence points out, you can provide your own language negotiator
that ignores the top-level language folder when logged in.

--
Martijn Pieters