[Product-Developers] Request for help: plone.app.theming template theme

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:54:42 UTC 2011

All,

As some of you may have seen, we're working on a more user friendly,
powerful theme editor, PLIP'd for Plone 4.3: http://www.screenr.com/b1Rs

As part of this, we want to ship with a "template" theme that is used as the
starting point when people create new themes through the web. Right now, we
have a very basic theme that's just a placeholder, but we want one that is:

 - Very clean HTML, CSS and rules
 - Uses best-practice Diazo rules and techniques (see http://diazo.org,
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.theming)
 - Visually simple and easy to customise (e.g. no gaudy colours or
unconventional layouts)
 - Feature complete (e.g. supports editing, portlets, personal bar, colophon
etc)

Is there anyone willing to work with us to complete this in the next few
weeks?

If you want to test the theme editor, it's in the optilude-ace branch at
http://github.com/plone/plone.app.theming

Cheers,
Martin