[Product-Developers] subfolder in a layer lack in production mode

Joe Bigler jeb6 at psu.edu
Fri Sep 23 12:54:55 UTC 2011

I just ran into the same problem in Plone 4.1.  We had three subfolders
inside our theme folders
portal_skins\educationstyles2011_images\images
portal_skins\educationstyles2011_images\thumbs
portal_skins\educationstyles2011_images\navigation

These folders contain files for our Flash product.  In debug mode, they were
accessible.  In production mode, they were not.

in skins.xml, there is this code:

  <cmf:registerDirectory name="skins" directory="skins" recursive="True" />

This solved the issue.

Joe Bigler