[Product-Developers] FCKeditor 2.6.6.3 - bug in global settings

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Mon Sep 19 20:55:24 UTC 2011

Le 18 sept. 2011 à 16:35, floseries a écrit :

> Hi,
Hi,

> I'm using Plone 3.5

Wow, where did you get this version ? Perhaps you mean 3.3.5 ?

> Between FCKeditor 2.6.5.2 and 2.6.6.3 source code in utils.py within the
> main directory has changed for method listTypesForInterface()

I have frozen FCKeditor to 2.6.6 on Plone 3.x. Later changes seem to be for the Plone 4 support. It works perfectly for me.

[versions]
Products.FCKeditor = 2.6.6

> After admin changes FCKeditors global settings through the configuration
> panel all portal_types for images and flashs as well as some others are
> deleted. The file dialog for browsing the server will stay empty.
> This is a real bug. But it seems that FCKeditor is not longer supported.

In fact, FCKeditor (the javascript part) is an abandonware that has been replaced with CKEditor. There is a Plone binding for CKeditor, but it requires Plone 4.x. There's no project AFAIK for a Plone 3 binding of CKeditor.

In addition there are strange issues using FCKeditor with the latest Firefox, and these issues *will never be fixed*. This is a javascript issue, and not a Plone bindings issue.

The last versions of Products.FCKeditor have been released by Encolpe Degoute, as I can see in the SVN log. Ask him what's the purpose of these changes because there's nothing in the changes log since Products.FCKeditor 2.6.6.

If you're stuck with Plone 3.x, you'd better consider using TinyMCE that doesn't clearly claim having dropped the Plone 3 support.