[Product-Developers] collective.recipe.backup doesn't clean up older blob backups and snapshots

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Sep 12 11:57:35 UTC 2011

Op 12-09-11 13:38, Jochen Dekeyser schreef:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Maurits van Rees
> <m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl>  wrote:
>>
>> We could be smarter about restoring blobs to a specific point in time (pick
>> the first blob backup with a modification date after the requested time),
>> but it may be safer not to try to be too smart here.
>>
>> Maurits van Rees   http://maurits.vanrees.org/
>>
> I do this with a simple linux-find, something like: find blobdir/
> -type f -newermt 2011-08-21.
> Can this lead to any problems?

This lists all files that are newer than 2011-08-21.  I don't think that
is what you want, but that depends on what you do with that list.

Ah, when restoring the Data.fs to the status of 2011-08-21 and copying
the latest blob backup you use this line to remove all files that are
more recent than the restored Data.fs?  That sounds correct then.

--
Maurits van Rees   http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl