[Product-Developers] "Professional Plone 4 Development" eBook only $10.99 | £6.99 | €7.99

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 00:22:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Gilles Lenfant
<gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr> wrote:
> But the product page says we could have the e-books in PDF or ePub, and I
> didn't find the link for the ePub book from my account's page. I mailed to

I would frankly not bother with Packt's ePub even if you can find it.
Their PDFs are great, and DRM-free.  Their selection of books and
content acquisition is great.  They are the perfect niche publisher,
excepting the ePub problems.  Their ePub output strips all leading
indentation and meaningful whitespace inside each line of code
samples, making them unreadable -- this is a problem for all Packt
ePub books.  This is a problem for Python, buildout.cfg files, etc --
even C-style languages are hard to read without leading indentation in
code samples.  I have purchased a few handfuls of Packt ebooks, and
I've emailed Packt customer service about this twice with a response
to the tune that "they are working on it" -- I gave up on hoping for
that a few months ago.  The PDFs are obviously not ideal for small
screens (even high-res like the iPhone 4), but they look great on
tablets and computer displays.

Sean