[Product-Developers] pypi vs plone.org releases

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Sun Oct 16 11:18:33 UTC 2011

On 10/16/11 3:07 AM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 2011-10-16 02:29, Alex Clark wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be pretty simple to do this as a trove classifier:
>>>
>>> classifiers = [
>>> 'Framework :: Plone :: 4.1',
>>> 'Framework :: Plone :: 4.2',
>>> 'Natural Language :: Dutch',
>>> 'Programming Language :: Python :: 2.6',
>>> 'Programming Language :: Python :: 2.7',
>>> ]
>>>
>>> that is exposed directly on the pypi UI and can be used as a search key
>>> when searching for packages.
>>

>> Sure, but is The Right Way™? IOW, wouldn't it be "better" if these were
>> "real" trove classifiers as defined by:
>>
>> = http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
>
> They are "real" trove classifiers. If you look at your URL you'll see
> all the different python versions listed in there as well.

Right but we have to get the PyPI folks to add them, correct? Or is
there an approach that involves acting independently of their actions.
That's what I am getting at, and what has always been my concern.

Anyway, seems like they are receptive so maybe I won't have to worry
about it.

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net